My writing theme for this week: back to the notebook.
1. How I did on last week’s goals:
I abandoned them and worked on something else instead, and I totally don’t regret it because I got over a huge hurdle with another WiP.
2. My goal(s) for this week:
Write a chapter of the new thing (Is it a book? A collection of essays? A novella? Only time will tell.) and work on Where I Write.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
On a Wednesday afternoon, she asks me to fetch her rings in their little box from the bedroom. They are too big for her now, so she isn’t wearing them. She shows me the different ones, telling me which is which, although I already know. She wonders if she should give me a particularly special one now. I’ve always coveted that ring, but I want to wait. I’m not ready to take Mama’s rings.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write):
Attention Deficit Disorder
5. Something I love about my WiP.
I’ve finally given myself permission to write it.