I cannot believe I forgot to do this yesterday. Well, yes, actually, I can. I can forget just about anything on a Monday.
1. How I did on last week’s goals:
Great, actually! Blog entry – check. Where I Write – coming along! Thoughts – marginally organized, but congealing.
2. My goal(s) for this week:
Get Where I Write into submittable form, or at least one revision away.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
I write in the shade of restless eucalyptus trees with their strands of peeling bark. I write their dusky, pungent scent. I write from the bottom of my grandparents’ swimming pool where I scrape my nose learning to dive the summer of my ninth year. At night I write from the stars of Orion’s belt, the first constellation I can name.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write):
Distractions! Weird interpersonal crap (which I seldom have to deal with) that had to be dealt with. Not exactly drama, but close to it.
5. Something I love about my WiP.
That I can still surprise myself when I write.